This dish is super easy, and it takes only 5 minutes to cook. It’s good as a breakfast for busy people. It’s very common for Japanese people to put a tomato ketchup on top of the omelette, but you can substitute the ketchup with a hot sauce or a cream sauce or anything you like.
Ingredients (1 plate):
- 1 egg
- 1/4 can of sliced mushrooms (56g, 2oz)
- 4 leaves of spinach
- 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese (any kind of cheese, I used shredded cheddar cheese)
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper
Here is how to make it at home. Cooking time is about 5 minutes.
- Cut spinach leaves into small pieces. Put an egg, sliced mushrooms, and spinach into a small bowl and mix up. Add salt and pepper.
- Preheat vegetable oil in a small frying pan with medium heat.
- Pour 1. into the frying pan, sprinkle cheese on top and simmer about 2 minutes or until the bottom side of the omelette is hard.
- Lift up one side of the omelette, fold it in half and simmer about 1 minute.
- Put the omelette into a plate and add ketchup on top.