This is one of my favorite fusion food in Japan. German potatoes are very famous in Japan. I would like to introduce the German potato with the basil pesto sauce. The combination of basil and potatoes is very good. The scent of basil leaves brings you a joy of eating this dish as well.
Ingredients (2 plates):
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 sausage
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of basil pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2-4 basil leaves
- a few pieces of peas or edamame (If you like)
Here is how to make it at home. Cooking time is about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Cut the potato and the sausage into bite size chunks and slice the onion. Chop the garlic into small pieces.
- Preheat the olive oil in a pot with medium heat. Add the garlic. Stir potatoes, onions and sausages until the onions are little brown. Add the edamame or peas.
- Add the soy sauce and butter and simmer about 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Add the basil pesto sauce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and stir all for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Put it in the plate and decorate the basil leaves on top.