Matcha is a type of green tea ground into a green powder. It is a very famous tea in Japan. This dessert is easy to make and good to eat especially in summer.
Matcha mousse has thick and creamy flavors. You can enjoy it with your family, friends and anyone who likes desserts!
Ingredients (5 cups):
- 2 tablespoons of *Matcha
- 1 teaspoon of *Agar Agar powder or gelatin
- 100ml (3.4 floz) of water
- 100ml (3.4 floz) of heavy cream
- 150ml (5 floz) of milk
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- whipping cream
*Matcha is a type of green tea ground into a green powder. -> See picture A.
*Agar Agar powder is a vegetarian gelatin substitute and a powder derived from marine red algae. -> See picture B.
Here is how to make it at home. Cooking time is about 20 - 30 minutes. (Cooling time is 2-3 hours.)
- Put some ice and water into a big bowl. Put heavy cream and sugar into another bowl and float this bowl into the big bowl. Whisk the heavy cream and the sugar very well until it is thick. Leave it for a while.
- Put *Matcha in another big bowl. Heat milk in a microwave for about 1 minute. Mix up *Matcha and the milk very well.
- Heat 2. in the microwave for about 30 seconds. In the meanwhile, preheat water and *Agar Agar powder in a small pot with medium heat for 1 minute, stir it occasionally. Mix up heated 2. and dissolved *Agar Agar powder very well.
- Add 1. into 3. gradually and mix up very well.
- Pour 4. into cups or clear glasses or ramekins or a mold. (I used ramekins.)
- Cool Matcha mousse down in a refrigerator for about 2-3 hours.
- Add whipping cream on top and serve.